For visual instructions on what we use for our e-sessions, please select any of the following items:
How to Book an E-Session
Cancel or Reschedule an E-Session
- Your email confirmation will appear as seen below
- Choose Reschedule or Cancel if necessary
- Or contact us to reschedule or cancel
How to Begin an E-Session
First, refer to How an E-Session Works. Then log into your nyack email to send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your Assignment Detail, i.e. your professor’s exact assignment instructions
- Your Draft, if you have any
Please email these at least 10 minutes before your e-session, or even as far ahead of time as desired – for example, the morning of or the day before your e-session.
After doing step 1, your nyack email inbox will receive an email saying “Invitation to edit” as shown below. You will receive this invitation email only at the time of your e-session.
Open the invitation email and select “Open in Docs.” Google Docs allow both student and consultant to simultaneously make & save changes to the student’s draft.
- Return to your nyack email inbox, and wait till you see the green notification on the bottom right corner of your screen, as shown below.
- Select “Answer.”
If you do not see the notification in Step 4, you may see the email below.
Only if you see this email, open it and click on “Join,” as shown below, to begin the video e-session with your consultant.