- Book an Appointment
- Cancel or Reschedule Appointment
- Walk-in Appointments
- Back-to-Back Appointments
- Wait Lists for No Available Appointments
- Booking in Advance
- Services & Support We Provide
- Services We Don’t Provide
- What to Bring to an Appointment
- What NOT to Bring to an Appointment
- Description of a Typical Appointment
- Session Reviews for Instructors
- Take-Home Exams
- Requesting a Particular Consultant
Cancel or Reschedule a Rockland Appointment
Cancel or reschedule a Rockland appointment via phone, email, or in person by visiting our contact page.
Please cancel or reschedule at least 24 hours in advance to give other students the opportunity to schedule that appointment.
Yes, we accept walk-ins. However, they are on a first-come, first-served basis and are therefore not guaranteed if all our consultants are already engaged in appointments.
Yes, back-to-back or consecutive appointments are allowed if students meet any of the conditions below:
- ESL (English as a Second Language) students
- Undergrad & Grad students with drafts that are 7 pages or longer
- Students with special needs, registered with the Office of Disability Support Services
- Freshmen & other students enrolled in any of the following 100 or 200 level courses or any other writing intensive courses not listed below:
- ENG 101
- ENG 102
- ENG 201
- ENG 202
More than 2 no-shows can cause students to lose their privileges to schedule appointments for the rest of that semester. They will only be allowed walk-in privileges.
Being more than 15 minutes late to an appointment without calling in is considered a no-show, and the session is forfeited to any walk-ins or waitlisted students.
Wait Lists for No Available Appointments
On any given day(s), such as when the Centers are entirely booked, students may be waitlisted. The Center will then call the student as soon as an opening occurs.
Booking in Advance
Students can book an appointment up to 14 days in advance from the current date. If more time is needed, please make your request by contacting us.
Services & Support We Provide
During our 50-minute, one-on-one appointments, our peer writing consultants provide writing support for:
- Undergraduate & graduate students enrolled in a Nyack College course
- Residential, commuter, online, & ESL students
- Writing projects across all disciplines, programs, & genres
- Academic & non-academic writing projects
- Any skill level in writing
- Any stage of the writing process, from brainstorming, theses, citation, drafts, etc.
- Improving short-term outcomes such as papers, & long-term outcomes such as critical reading, thinking, & writing skills
Services We Don’t Provide
To help students develop their writing skills and not just their paper, we do NOT provide the following services:
- Drop-off services for papers; students must be present for dialogue & discussion
- Proofreading or copyediting papers, but we can guide you in this process
- Writing students’ papers or any part thereof
- Predicting or re-evaluating assignment grades
- Forcing students to adopt strategies discussed during an appointment
What to Bring to an Appointment
Please be sure to bring the following:
- Your instructor’s assignment detail
- Your printed, double-spaced draft
- Your research material
Even bring your blank or unfinished draft, your ideas, and your voice to engage in discussion.
What NOT to Bring to an Appointment
Do not bring your draft on your laptop or another device. Our Rockland and Manhattan Writing Centers have computers and printers to print your assignment before your appointment.
Description of a Typical Appointment
During our 50-minute, one-on-one appointments the student is asked to present their assignment detail and printed draft. The consultant will then ascertain the student’s concerns, questions, and goals for the appointment.
With or without a draft, the consultant will share constructive feedback that is conducive to improving both the paper and the writer. At the end of the appointment, students will be given a Session Review form.
Session Reviews for Instructors
To end an appointment, we provide a Session Review form that summarizes the session. Students can give this to instructors who require or recommend proof of writing-center visits.
We will only review students’ take-home exams with written permission from the instructor.
Requesting a Particular Consultant
Yes, you can request a particular consultant. However, please note that you are not guaranteed to get that consultant if each of your schedules do not coincide.